Are you familiar with the problem of plastic in our environment and oceans? Do you want to join us in our fight against plastic pollution? Then come work with us!
We are looking for an enthusiastic ‘Campaigner for our (Plastic) Fashion Campaign’. You will strengthen the campaign team that is working on the problems related to microplastics and what plastic is doing to our health. The goal of this campaign is to reduce the pollution that fashion is causing, especially the microfiber release.
Who we are looking for?
A knowledgeable campaigner who is enthusiastic about awareness raising and has a proven track record in impactful campaigns. As a campaigner, you have a clear understanding of (digital) campaigning and influencing, and know how to develop and implement offline and online campaign activities.
You have a passion for the issue of plastic pollution and an appetite to translate these issues into communication for publics. You work well in a multi-disciplinary setting and can find balance between different angles and stakeholders. You are able to translate research on the issue is engaging campaigns. You strategize the upcoming campaigns bringing together advocacy towards industry and governments, research & solutions and public engagement. And you will build a network of organizations.
As campaigner, you are responsible for the strategic leadership of the campaign and will also act as project leader for campaign projects. In addition, you will ensure strategic coordination with the other campaigns around microplastics in cosmetics and plastic waste. It is, of course, important that you fully endorse our mission and put your heart and soul into it.
What will you be doing?
- Design and implement impactful public campaign concepts and strategies, plans and budgets in a multi-disciplinary team
- Together with the multidisciplinary campaign team, you will develop a corporate campaign on plastic clothes fibers, aimed at transforming industry and influence governments
- Develop and co-produce engaging and relevant (online) campaign content e.g. writing blogs, emails and social media copy, create visual materials and develop innovative campaign activities and where needed work with and manage external agencies;
- Be the campaign projects leader, ensure monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of campaign activities using analytic tools MEAL frameworks;
- You keep up-to-date about external and internal developments on fashion and microfibers issue and implementing the related (desirable/innovative) changes in the campaigns and in the coordination with other organisational units and/or external parties
- You represent the organisation in its field of interest, in networks, in the media, in working groups and consultative bodies and expand the international network;
- You initiate and conduct constructive-critical discussions with companies and governments about adapting their policies and actions
Are you this person?
- You are an experienced campaigner with a feeling for impact driven strategies
- You are an enthusiastic, driven, flexible and you enjoy working in teams
- You have experience in project management; you are able to plan and organise your work well, also under time pressure
- You are independent, proactive and a creative thinker
- You have an excellent English pen; writing blogs and press releases comes easy to you
- You are able to strategically use social media to influence campaign targets
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience at HBO (+)/WO level
- Having design skills (and able to use multiple adobe programs) is a big plus.
- Knowledge in the field of the fashion industry is a plus.
- Experience with corporate campaigns and negotiations is a plus.
At PSF, we want to embrace diversity and we want to create an inclusive and supportive workplace. We firmly believe that a variety of perspectives and backgrounds can make our team stronger. We strongly encourage people from minority background to apply.
*You must already have a permit to work in the Netherlands.
An annual contract for 5 days a week (40 hours). A special and challenging position within a very dynamic organisation.
Please send us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
The closing date for the vacancy is July 4th, 2022.